Problem Solving and Decision MakingAccording to the latest report on the „Future of Jobs“ from the World Economic Forum problem solving is one of the top skills and belongs to the skill group which employers see as rising in prominence in the lead up to 2025 [World Economic Forum: Future of Jobs Survey 2020]. So, these skills are directly jobs-relevant and can be applied in different functions such as Marketing, Business Management, Operations, Product Development, Finance and Human Resources.
The course comprises the following modules:
- Decision Making and problem resolution process, analytical and creative problem solving, convergent and divergent analysis
- Problem Statement: 5W Methodology, review and improvement of selected cases
- Problem Solving Tools: Root-Cause Analysis, Cause-Effect-Symptom-Problem (CESP)
- Decision Making Tools: Decision Worksheets, Decision Trees, Multi Criteria Analysis
- Organizational Context and Communication: levels of involvement of stakeholders, Six Thinking Hats, team consensus, leadership and problem ownership
- Improve Problem Statements: deploy the learned principles to other problems
- Transfer into daily practice
Honorary Professor for General Management / Business Consulting
Prof. Dr. Alexander Suhm is working in supervisory and advisory board mandates, is coaching startups and teaches bachelor and master students at MBS.