Rankings and Awards
Global MBA Ranking, CEO Magazine
- 2023: Munich Business School named among the world’s leading MBA providers. Munich Business School is one of only four German business schools named in Tier One. This puts it among the top 30 business schools in Europe, in the same group as numerous international giants.
- 2023 MBS is the best private business school from German employers’ perspective.
- 2022 MBS once again the most popular private University of Applied Sciences in the field of business among German recruiters.
- 2021 MBS ranks third among all universities of applied sciences in the field of business administration and is once again Germany's best private business school.
- 2020 MBS ranks fourth among all German universities of applied sciences in the area of Business Administration and is therefore the Best Private Business School in Germany.
- 2019 MBS is the Best Private University of Applied Sciences in Business Administration in Bavaria.
- 2018 MBS is the Best Private University of Applied Sciences in Business Administration and achieves rank 6 among all Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany.
- 2016 MBS is the only Private University of Applied Sciences to finish in the Top 10 eight times in a row.
- 2015 MBS is ranked 2nd among all Universities of Applied Sciences for Business Studies in Germany.
- 2023 Munich Business School achieved predominantly above-average scores in all categories in the multidimensional CHE University Ranking for 2023/24.
- 2020 In the CHE Master Ranking, MBS receives top marks for the general study situation and the course offerings.
- 2020 MBS achieves top rankings in the categories "Support at the Beginning of Studies", "International Orientation" and "Labor Market and Occupational Relevance".
- 2017 The Study Programs of MBS Feature a Unique International Orientation.
- 2014 MBS Receives Top Ratings for Internationality and Practical Relevance of Its Study Programs.
The WiWi-Talents program aims to provide students of economics and related disciplines (German: Wirtschaftswissenschaften – WiWi) with ideational support and to promote cross-regional networking between companies and the next generation of specialists and managers. Since 2005, WiWi-Media AG, together with partners from the business community, has been inviting applications bi-annually and subsequently awarding the best business students in the German-speaking region.
From the outset, Munich Business School has proven to be a real hotbed for successful applications to the WiWi-Talents program. Here, we give an overview of the awarded MBS students who, in addition to comprehensive support, were pleased to be included in the renowned WiWi-Talents book, which is presented every semester to the HR decision makers of more than 500 renowned companies in the German-speaking region:
- Summer semester 2023: Tanushree Jain, MBA General Management
- Winter semester 2022/23: Leonie Hoffmann, Bachelor International Business
- Winter semester 2020/21: Sophie Paci, Bachelor International Business
- Summer semester 2020: Lea Sofia Nikiforow, Bachelor International Business
2022: Munich Business School shows particular strength in terms of anchoring of entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship training, and monitoring and evaluation
2020: Start-up support at MBS achieves an above-average overall ranking value compared to other small universities
Global university ranking U-Multirank
- 2022 Top marks in several ranking categories. In addition to international orientation, the university also impresses in the categories of knowledge transfer and research.
- 2020 + 2021 MBS is once again among the Global Top 25 Performers for Student Mobility and is considered one of the best performing universities worldwide.
- 2018 + 2019 MBS is Germany’s Best Private University of Applied Sciences in “Business Studies”.
- 2017 MBS is Germany’s Best Private University of Applied Sciences in “Business Studies”.
- 2016 MBS belongs to the "Top 25 Performers" in International Orientation.
Global Top 25 Performer Student Mobility
According to U-Multirank, Munich Business School is one of the world's most internationally oriented universities. From 2016 to 2021, it even ranked among the Global Top 25 Performers in terms of student mobility.
Trendence Graduate Barometer
- 2020 MBS is among the Top 3 Private Universities of Applied Sciences in seven of the eight categories and No 1 in the categories internationality, faculty and library
- 2019 MBS is again Germany’s Best Private University of Applied Sciences for Business Studies in Internationality of Studies
- 2018 In the Business Field, MBS is Germany’s Best Private University of Applied Sciences for Business Studies in Internationality and Practical Relevance of Studies.
- 2017 MBS receives excellent grades for Internationality and Practical Relevance.
- 2016 Students Give Top Grades for the Practical Relevance and Internationality of the Studies at MBS.
- 2015 MBS achieves another Top Result.
QS World University Rankings
The Munich Business School received unlimited state recognition as early as 1999. The university also holds institutional accreditation by the German Science Council and international program accreditations by FIBAA.
Munich Business School was the first private university in Bavaria to receive state recognition in 1999.
Munich Business School was the first private university in Bavaria to receive state recognition in 1999. In 2010, the Bavarian State Ministry for Science and the Arts granted unlimited state recognition.
Accreditation by the German Council of Science and Humanities
Munich Business School is the first private university in Bavaria to receive institutional accreditation from the German Science Council.
This decision was made by the committee after an extensive procedure, in the course of which the achievements in research and teaching were examined to determine whether they met recognized scientific standards.
Accreditation by the Foundation Accreditation Council
All degree programs at Munich Business School are accredited by the Accreditation Council Foundation.
The Foundation Accreditation Council (AR) has the legal mandate to regulate the accreditation of study programs in Germany and thus to ensure the quality of studies and teaching.
International Program Accreditation
All study programs offered at MBS are FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation) accredited.
FIBAA is a European, internationally oriented agency for quality assurance and quality development in higher education. Its quality seal of approval certifies the professional relevancy and quality of the study courses.