Career CenterThe MBS Career Center serves as the interface between the students of Munich Business School and companies and enterprises. The MBS Career Center attends to the career concerns of the students and establishes contacts with the economy to bridge the gap for optimum staffing. Consequently, companies and enterprises have a permanent presence at Munich Business School.
All MBS students receive extensive support for planning and realizing their professional goals. Starting with the search for internships in Germany and abroad, it also includes assistance for making first contacts to potential employers and consulting in later phases of the career and after graduation.
The application training by our Career Center prepares you thoroughly for your job search and is particularly suited for foreign students who are not yet familiar with the requirements of German HR officers. The training provides a detailed survey of the structure and content of application letters and CVs. In addition, you will learn how to optimally proceed in your job search and will get to know the support options offered by MBS. In practice-relevant exercises, you will learn how to present yourselves favorably in an application interview, how to avoid mistakes and how to react to critical questions with self-confidence.
In one-on-one consultations, our Career Center will help you to drive your career planning. Possible, specifically agreed topics of these coachings include:
- Career orientation: outlining personal goals and wishes
- Checking application documents: support for application letters, CV, records, report cards etc.
- Application strategies
- Interview preparation
- Negotiating in the application process
If you are interested in a personalized career coaching, please write us a short email.
As a student at Munich Business School, you will benefit from an extended network of company contacts. This career network offers you the possibility to personally get in touch with national and international companies from many sectors. These contacts are continuously maintained and expanded by the Career Center.
- Get in touch with companies that offer personal contacts for MBS students. Please refer to the Career Center to obtain a list of these companies and contacts.
- Get in touch with MBS alumni via MBS Connect: The alumni portal of MBS offers you the opportunity for a quick and uncomplicated exchange with graduates and to get information on career opportunities in their companies.
- Use the opportunity for exchange with fellow students: Through the students’ network at MBS, you can benefit from the experience of other MBS students. This has proven useful in particular for the search for a suitable vacancy for an internship. Your fellow students from higher semesters can certainly recommend suitable companies and give you hints and advice for the search.
The MBS Job Portal is an in-house job portal that is reserved for the students of Munich Business School. Its offers range from permanent and full-time employment to on-the-job training, internships, and thesis opportunities and it is updated continuously by the staff of the Career Center. You can access the MBS Job Portal via the Virtual Campus after registering with your personal access data.
At regular intervals, the Career Center hosts events that give you important input for your career planning: Guest lectures by representatives from leading companies of many sectors and experts of across all disciplines provide insights into potential working environments and give you a chance to make contacts that are important for your professional future. If the event includes a presentation by an MBS alumnus, you additionally have the opportunity for an exchange regarding personal experiences with job search and career entry.
The practice-oriented workshops of the Career Center will provide you with comprehensive knowledge about all the essentials for launching your career, for applications, and for job interviews. Regular company presentations or subject-specific meetings are aimed at applying theoretical knowledge and expanding your business network. At both series of events, potential employers will introduce you to their companies – a good opportunity to get in touch for a career start.