Coronavirus: MBS informsHere employees and students at MBS as well as those interested studying at MBS will find current information on how to deal with the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the respiratory disease COVID-19 at our university. (As of: 01.09.2020)
Check your e-mails regularly: Employees and students have been and will continue to be informed about new developments and decisions concerning COVID-19 at our university by e-mail. Therefore, we ask you to regularly check your personal MBS email address and this website to stay informed.
The MBS has set up a crisis management team consisting of the university management and representatives of the professors, students, and staff in order to be able to react quickly and purposefully to changes in the situation and to derive appropriate measures to contain the further spread of SARS-CoV-2.
Teaching: Lectures in the fall semester 2020 take place in a hybrid teaching concept that combines pure online components with classroom components. All face-to-face courses will be transmitted live online as well, so that students currently abroad and those with health restrictions can join classes virtually. There are special regulations for the MBA and DBA programs, which will be communicated by the academic directors.
Exams: As things stand today, the exams at the end of the fall semester 2020 will take place in presence at MBS in compliance with all hygiene regulations, provided that the COVID-19 situation remains stable.
Research and administrative operations will continue as usual until further notice. The service facilities of MBS (International Center, Career Center, Alumni Relations Center) are open and accessible. Some of the MBS employees are still working from home. Therefore, before visiting MBS, please inquire whether the employees can be reached in person and whether a meeting can take place in person, by telephone or virtually. The preferred method of contact remains phone/e-mail/video chat per now.
Counselling and Interviews will also continue to take place preferably by telephone or video chat.
Masks are mandatory in all areas of the Munich Business School building for university members and guests. The maximum usable number of seats in the seminar rooms, reading rooms and the library is clearly marked at the entrance of each room and must be observed. In the rooms it is marked which places must be kept free in order to keep the safety distance of 1.5 meters. Only on the marked seats in the seminar and work rooms and in the role of the speaker in front of the class may the mouth and nose masks be removed. It is not permitted to change the seat and table positions in the seminar room. The minimum distance must also be maintained for group and partner work and the exchange of work equipment must be avoided. The seminar rooms must be ventilated regularly, the cooling system must not be used. In all courses, participant lists of the physically present students must be kept.
MBS strives to convert all events into an online format so that as many people as possible can attend the events. Whether and in what form smaller events can take place on site is decided individually. You can find an overview of MBS (online) events here: https://www.munich-business-school.de/mbs/hochschule/mbs-events.
- In all areas of the MBS building and grounds mouth and nose masks must be worn. The obligation to wear masks is only waived on the marked seats in the seminar rooms/workplaces and for speakers in the seminar room.
- All premises are accessible on foot via the staircase. Elevators may only be used with up to two persons and with a mask.
- Entering staff offices is only allowed with a mask and individually.
- In all courses, participant lists are kept.
- All university members are recommended to install the official German Corona App on their mobile phones
- Risk groups are strongly recommended not to come to the university.
- In case of symptoms of COVID-19 disease (e.g. breathing problems, fever, dry cough, loss of sense of taste, nausea, diarrhea) or direct contact in the last 14 days with persons suffering from COVID-19, it is prohibited to enter the university.
We ask all MBS students, lecturers staff as well as guests to follow the usual hygiene measures to protect against infectious diseases. These also protect against infection with the coronavirus:
- Compliance with the distance requirement of minimum 1.5 meters No physical contact Regular and proper handwashing using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water (at least 20 seconds). This is possible on all floors of Munich Business School.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the issue away immediately and wash hands: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and nose
For more information, refer to the hygiene tips of the German Federal Center for Health Education at www.infektionsschutz.de/hygienetipps, as recommended by RKI.
Any cases of illness or suspected illness must be reported immediately to the university management. In the case of a confirmed case of COVID-19, the university management is obliged to contact the responsible State Health Office (http://www.freistaat.bayern/dokumente/behoerdeordner/7555456214). The state health office will evaluate the given health risk and initiate any necessary measures.
Phone hotlines & further information:
- Corona hotline of the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL):
+49 9131/ 6808-5101
- Corona hotline of the Munich Department of Health and Environment:
+49 89 233/ 47819 (8:30 am - 3 pm)
- Robert-Koch-Institute: Infopage COVID-19 (Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2)