Coronavirus: Current information for employees and students at MBS as well as those interested studying at MBSHere you will find current information on how to deal with the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the respiratory disease COVID-19 at our university. (As of: 27.03.2020)
Check your e-mails regularly: Employees and students have been and will continue to be informed about new developments and decisions concerning COVID-19 at our university by e-mail. Therefore, we ask you to regularly check your personal MBS email address and this website to stay informed.
The MBS has set up a crisis management team consisting of the university management and representatives of the professors, students, and staff in order to be able to react quickly and purposefully to changes in the situation and to derive appropriate measures to contain the further spread of SARS-CoV-2.
Teaching: Since 16 March 2020, the courses are held online. The online courses are conducted using the Microsoft Teams software, which is available to all students, faculty and staff of MBS. Please note that in a few countries (e.g. China) the software cannot be used without additional provisions. Our pre-programs Pre-Bachelor and Pre-Master will also be offered as online courses in summer 2020.
Exams: Exams will be transferred into a format suitable for the online environment or, in exceptional cases, postponed to a later date. Students receive information on this directly from their lecturers. Final presentations for Bachelor's and Master's theses can continue to be held in presence at MBS until further notice, provided that all parties involved agree and meet the requirements for presence at MBS (see below). At the request of students, theses that were already planned between March 16 and April 19, 2020, can also be presented online via Skype or Microsoft Teams
Research and administrative operations will continue as usual until further notice. Please note our new opening hours until April 19, 2020: Monday - Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The service facilities of MBS (International Center, Career Center, Alumni Relations Center) are open and accessible. interviews will continue to take place. Due to the closure of kindergartens and schools, MBS employees will be working more in home offices in the coming weeks. Therefore, before visiting MBS, please inquire whether the employees can be reached in person and whether a meeting can take place in person, by telephone or virtually. MBS also offers prospective students counseling via Skype, should there be any reservations regarding a personal visit at MBS.
The library and work rooms on the first floor of the MBS as well as the MBS Lounge are closed.
The Bavarian Goverment has prohibited all events until 19 April 2020. On the advice of the Bavarian Ministry of Health, MBS has postponed the graduation ceremony and graduate gala planned for April 4 to fall 2020 (exact date to follow). Further events in the period up to 19 April were either cancelled, postponed or converted to an online format. Please inform yourself independently whether and in which form events for which you have registered or which you would like to attend will take place. You can find an overview of MBS events here: https://www.munich-business-school.de/mbs/hochschule/mbs-events.
- If you have been in a risk area or a particularly affected area within the last 14 days, you may not enter the MBS. Details and updates at: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete.html
- Anyone who is not completely healthy should also stay away from the courses at MBS. In the interest of the university community, this also applies in particular if a corona test has been conducted, the results of which are not yet available.
We ask all students, lecturers and MBS staff to follow the usual hygiene measures to protect against infectious diseases. These also protect against infection with the coronavirus:
- Keep your distance and avoid close contact with ill persons
- Refrain from friendly handshakes for greetings and goodbyes
- Frequent and proper handwashing using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. Detailed information on the correct way to wash your hands can be found in all MBS toilet rooms.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the issue away immediately and wash hands: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html
For more information, refer to the hygiene tips of the German Federal Center for Health Education at www.infektionsschutz.de/hygienetipps, as recommended by RKI.
Any cases of illness or suspected illness must be reported immediately to the university management. In the case of a confirmed case of COVID-19, the university management is obliged to contact the responsible State Health Office (http://www.freistaat.bayern/dokumente/behoerdeordner/7555456214). The state health office will evaluate the given health risk and initiate any necessary measures.
Phone hotlines & further information:
- Corona hotline of the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL)::
- Corona hotline of the Munich Department of Health and Environment:
089 233/ 47819 (8:30 bis 15 Uhr)
- Robert-Koch-Institute: Infopage COVID-19 (Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2)